10 of the Spookiest Spots in Minnesota That Are Guaranteed to Give You Nightmares
Haunted| | By David Clarke
If you’re a fan of haunted houses and live in Minnesota, you are in luck. Travelers to the state will find so many haunts here that it’ll be hard to choose which one to visit! From haunted universities to clubs, you will be delighted with the variety of haunted landmarks to spark your scary side.
10. The Palmer House, Sauk City.
One of the most intriguing sites is The Palmer House Hotel in Sauk City. It was built by Ralph L. Palmer in 1901. Believe it or not, The Palmer House was one of the first buildings to get electricity in the Sauk Centre area. Renovations began on the hotel in 1993 that would restore it to its natural beauty, but also add new and modern additions to the space. This hotel holds some haunted secrets. Some say Palmer’s mistress jumped to her death from a hotel window.
9. First Avenue, Minneapolis.This retro club is a definite eye-catcher. Reports say that a woman hung herself in the ladies restroom and her ghost has been sighted many times! Who knows – you might be dancing with a ghost if you visit here!
8. Hamline University, St. Paul Minnesota.Hamline University in St. Paul, Minnesota can look pretty spooky at night and there is talk of a severed hand that roams the halls. It is looking for its arm, or its better half!
7. Quarry Hill Park, Rochester.This is the beauty of Quarry Hill Park located in Rochester. A double-decker bridge joins the West and East Banks of the University of Minnesota. Many people have committed suicide on the bridge and some say the bridge is haunted by ghosts.
6. Lillydale Regional Park, St. Paul.What lurks beneath? There have been reports of unknown screams coming from the low depths of the park and some say “don’t visit here at night!”
5. St. Cloud State University.Academia can have its haunts too! Students, faculty, and staff claim they have seen the ghost of a cafeteria worker who hung herself! Others say former students who have passed on lurk in the halls.
4. Ramsay County Courthouse, St. Paul.After William Williams was executed before the Ramsay County Courthouse, some people claim they see his ghost roaming the area every now and then!
3. Grant House, Rush City.This may look like a quaint and nice place to eat and stay on vacation, but beware of flying forks and knives! Guests say a ghost named Peter is all for terrorizing the house!
2. Pipestone County Museum, Pipestone.Ghosts never really leave. There are reports of a doctor that passed away that still claims his office in this space. Papers and creaking chairs can be heard by some residents!
1. Janesville Dollhouse, Janesville, Minnesota.Some say this haunted spot is home to a little girl who hung herself in the attic! Will she come alive like a Chucky doll? Visit the spot to find out!
Beware Those Who Enter! Super Creepy Places You Can Visit
Scary stories and rumors that surround a building or area help it earn its “haunted” title. Despite the multitude of non-believers, “haunted” places still seem to draw a crowd. Whether ...
click here to read more
Share On Facebook