- Not in conformity with fact or truth; incorrect or erroneous. (adjective)
- Contrary to conscience, morality, or law; immoral or wicked. (adjective)
- Unfair; unjust. (adjective)
- Not required, intended, or wanted: took a wrong turn. (adjective)
- Not fitting or suitable; inappropriate or improper: said the wrong thing. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.