- The quality that renders something desirable, useful, or valuable: the worth of higher education. (noun)
- Material or market value: stocks having a worth of ten million dollars. (noun)
- A quantity of something that may be purchased for a specified sum or by a specified means: ten dollars' worth of natural gas; wanted their money's worth. (noun)
- Wealth; riches: her net worth. (noun)
- Quality that commands esteem or respect; merit: a person of great worth. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.