- An expanse of land or water. (noun)
- A specified or limited area of land: developing a 30-acre tract. (noun)
- Anatomy A system of organs and tissues that together perform a specialized function: the alimentary tract. (noun)
- Anatomy A bundle of nerve fibers having a common origin, termination, and function. (noun)
- Archaic A stretch or lapse of time. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.