- The uppermost part, point, surface, or end. (noun)
- The part farthest from a given reference point: took a jump shot from the top of the key. (noun)
- The crown of the head: from top to toe. (noun)
- The part of a plant, such as a rutabaga, that is above the ground. (noun)
- Something, such as a lid or cap, that covers or forms an uppermost part. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.