- Trees or wooded land considered as a source of wood. (noun)
- Wood used as a building material; lumber. (noun)
- A dressed piece of wood, especially a beam in a structure. (noun)
- Nautical A rib in a ship's frame. (noun)
- A person considered to have qualities suited for a particular activity: That trainee is executive timber. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.