- Lasting, used, serving, or enjoyed for a limited time. (adjective)
- Informal One that serves for a limited time: an office staffed by temporaries. (noun)
- Not permanent; provisional (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Lasting only a short time; transitory (adjective)
- A person, esp a secretary or other office worker, employed on a temporary basis (noun)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016