- An eastern Asian evergreen shrub or small tree (Camellia sinensis) having fragrant, nodding, cup-shaped white flowers and glossy leaves. (noun)
- The young, dried leaves of this plant, prepared by various processes and used to make a hot beverage. (noun)
- An aromatic, slightly bitter beverage made by steeping tea leaves in boiling water. (noun)
- Any of various beverages, made as by steeping the leaves of certain plants or by extracting an infusion especially from beef. (noun)
- Any of various plants having leaves used to make a tealike beverage. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.