- A short, heavy cape of coarse cloth formerly worn outdoors. (noun)
- A tunic or capelike garment worn by a knight over his armor and emblazoned with his coat of arms. (noun)
- A similar garment worn by a herald and bearing his lord's coat of arms. (noun)
- An embroidered pennant attached to a trumpet. (noun)
- A sleeveless or short-sleeved jacket, esp one worn by a herald, bearing a coat of arms, or by a knight over his armour (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016