- The act of submitting to the power of another: "Oppression that cannot be overcome does not give rise to revolt but to submission” ( Simone Weil). (noun)
- The state of having submitted. See Synonyms at surrender. (noun)
- The state of being submissive or compliant; meekness. (noun)
- The act of submitting something for consideration. (noun)
- Something so submitted: read three fiction manuscripts and other such submissions. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.