- Having the nature of or suggesting a stub, as in shortness, broadness, or thickness: stubby fingers and toes. (adjective)
- Having a short, stocky build; thickset. (adjective)
- Short and blunt, as from much use: a stubby pencil. See Regional Note at stob. (adjective)
- Covered with or made of stubs. (adjective)
- Short and bristly: a stubby beard. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.