- One that strings: a stringer of beads. (noun)
- Architecture A long heavy horizontal timber used as a support or connector. (noun)
- Architecture A stringboard. (noun)
- A horizontal timber used to support upright posts. (noun)
- Sports A member of a specified string or squad on a team. Often used in combination: a first-stringer; a second-stringer. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.