- One that applies spots. (noun)
- One that looks for, locates, and reports something, as: (noun)
- A military or civil defense lookout. (noun)
- Informal A person hired to detect dishonest acts by employees, as in a bank. (noun)
- Sports One who identifies players on the field, as for a radio or television announcer. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.