- Having a taste characteristic of that produced by acids; sharp, tart, or tangy. (adjective)
- Made acid or rancid by fermentation. (adjective)
- Having the characteristics of fermentation or rancidity; tasting or smelling of decay. (adjective)
- Bad-tempered and morose; peevish: a sour temper. (adjective)
- Displeased with something one formerly admired or liked; disenchanted: sour on ballet. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.