Definition of "somebody" [some•bod•y]
- (pronoun) An unspecified or unknown person; someone. See Usage Note at he1.
- (noun) A person of importance: "Obviously she was somebody—a real presence in the room” ( Oleg Cassini).
Use "somebody" in a sentence
- "It looks to me as if somebody -- _somebody_, I mention no names -- may have had a hint of what was coming and began to lay plans according ...."
- "He knows all about it, however -- somebody has told him -- _somebody_ tells everybody everything in our village."
- "If I didn't have you to tell -- have somebody -- "She considered, with brows slightly knitted --" if I didn't have _somebody_ to talk to, it wouldn't be very good for me."