Definition of "smash" [smash]
- (verb-transitive) To break (something) into pieces suddenly, noisily, and violently; shatter. See Synonyms at break.
- (verb-transitive) To throw or dash (something) violently so as to shatter or crush. See Synonyms at crush.
- (verb-transitive) To strike with a heavy blow; batter.
- (verb-transitive) Sports To hit (a ball or shuttlecock) in a forceful overhand stroke.
- (verb-transitive) To crush or destroy completely: smashed all resistance.
Use "smash" in a sentence
- "It bursts like a rainstorm, sheet upon sheet, _smash, smash, smash_, with one or two more of the heavier shells punctuating the shower of the lighter ones."
- "I'm letting go of it as fast as I can, and a smash is the quickest way to let go."
- "Indeed, the Israelis are saying that they need certainly several more days to what they call smash Hezbollah's capabilities."