- Small in size, degree, or amount: a slight tilt; a slight surplus. (adjective)
- Lacking strength, substance, or solidity; frail: a slight foundation; slight evidence. (adjective)
- Of small importance or consideration; trifling: slight matters. (adjective)
- Small and slender in build or construction; delicate. (adjective)
- To treat as of small importance; make light of. (verb-transitive)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.