- A long water-repellant coat usually made of oilskin. (noun)
- A raincoat made of a glossy or shiny material, such as plastic or rubber. (noun)
- A tool for dressing hides. (noun)
- Informal A cheat; a swindler. (noun)
- Informal A person with stylish clothing and manners. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.