- A meeting of a legislative or judicial body for the purpose of transacting business. (noun)
- A series of such meetings. (noun)
- The term or duration of time that is taken by such a series of meetings. (noun)
- The part of a year or of a day during which a school holds classes. (noun)
- An assembly of people for a common purpose or because of a common interest: a gossip session. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.