- A long plank balanced on a central fulcrum so that with a person riding on each end, one end goes up as the other goes down. Also called regionally dandle, dandle board, teedle board, teeter, teeterboard, teeter-totter, tilt1, tilting board. See Regional Note at teeter-totter. (noun)
- The act or game of riding a seesaw. (noun)
- A back-and-forth or up-and-down movement, as of the lead between two contesting parties. (noun)
- To play on a seesaw. (verb-intransitive)
- To move back and forth or up and down. (verb-intransitive)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.