- Kept hidden from knowledge or view; concealed. (adjective)
- Dependably discreet. (adjective)
- Operating in a hidden or confidential manner: a secret agent. (adjective)
- Not expressed; inward: their secret thoughts. (adjective)
- Not frequented; secluded: wandered about the secret byways of Paris. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.