Definition of "scanty" [scant•y]
- (adjective) Barely sufficient or adequate.
- (adjective) Insufficient, as in extent or degree.
Use "scanty" in a sentence
- "It was a picture of a child clad in scanty rags, showing just enough skin to make me uncomfortable."
- "Tue 11/24/09 3: 54 PM to the contrary, I think the majority of movies have women and girls portrayed in scanty clothes and objectified roles."
- "I mean by that, that their minds have been well trained but their actual knowledge of things is scanty from a lack of conventional education."