Definition of "scales" [scales]
- (noun) Plural form of scale.
- (noun) A device for weighing goods for sale.
- (verb) Third-person singular simple present indicative form of scale.
Use "scales" in a sentence
- "I asked, holding my nose while talking to Tom who was covered in scales, gray and and gleaming."
- "The requirement for dropping the scales from the eyes is humility."
- "Such dwarf novas will not destroy either star, and may occur irregularly on time scales from a few days to tens of years."