- A point-by-point summary. (noun)
- Baseball A play in which a runner is trapped between bases and is pursued by fielders attempting to make the tag. (noun)
- In poor physical condition; weak or exhausted. (adjective)
- Dirty and dilapidated: rundown housing projects. (adjective)
- Unwound and not running: a run-down watch. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.