- Relatively undeveloped; primitive: a rude and savage land; a rude agricultural implement. (adjective)
- Being in a crude, rough, unfinished condition: a rude thatched hut. (adjective)
- Exhibiting a marked lack of skill or precision in work: rude crafts. (adjective)
- In a natural, raw state: bales of rude cotton. (adjective)
- Lacking the graces and refinement of civilized life; uncouth. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.