- Correspondence of terminal sounds of words or of lines of verse. (noun)
- A poem or verse having a regular correspondence of sounds, especially at the ends of lines. (noun)
- Poetry or verse of this kind. (noun)
- A word that corresponds with another in terminal sound, as behold and cold. (noun)
- To form a rhyme. (verb-intransitive)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.