- To look over, study, or examine again. (verb-transitive)
- To consider retrospectively; look back on. (verb-transitive)
- To examine with an eye to criticism or correction: reviewed the research findings. (verb-transitive)
- To write or give a critical report on (a new work or performance, for example). (verb-transitive)
- Law To reexamine (an action or determination) judicially, especially in a higher court, in order to correct possible errors. (verb-transitive)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.