- To narrate or tell. See Synonyms at describe. (verb-transitive)
- To bring into or link in logical or natural association. See Synonyms at join. (verb-transitive)
- To establish or demonstrate a connection between. (verb-transitive)
- To have connection, relation, or reference: The symbols relate to an earlier system. (verb-intransitive)
- To have or establish a reciprocal relationship; interact: She doesn't relate well to her peers. (verb-intransitive)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.