- The crime of forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse. (noun)
- The act of seizing and carrying off by force; abduction. (noun)
- Abusive or improper treatment; violation: a rape of justice. (noun)
- To force (another person) to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse; commit rape on. (verb-transitive)
- To seize and carry off by force. (verb-transitive)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.