- Extent of perception, knowledge, experience, or ability. (noun)
- The area or sphere in which an activity takes place. (noun)
- The full extent covered: within the range of possibilities. (noun)
- An amount or extent of variation: a wide price range. (noun)
- Music The gamut of tones that a voice or instrument is capable of producing. Also called compass. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.