- A proportional share, as of goods, assigned to a group or to each member of a group; an allotment. (noun)
- A production assignment. (noun)
- A number or percentage, especially of people, constituting or designated as an upper limit: a country with strict annual immigration quotas. (noun)
- A number or percentage, especially of people, constituting a required or targeted minimum: a system of quotas for hiring minority applicants. (noun)
- The proportional share or part of a whole that is due from, due to, or allocated to a person or group (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A prescribed number or quantity, as of items to be manufactured, imported, or exported, immigrants admitted to a country, or students admitted to a college (noun)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016