- An expression of inquiry that invites or calls for a reply. (noun)
- An interrogative sentence, phrase, or gesture. (noun)
- A subject or point open to controversy; an issue. (noun)
- A difficult matter; a problem: a question of ethics. (noun)
- A point or subject under discussion or consideration. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.