- The process of legally establishing the validity of a will before a judicial authority. (noun)
- Judicial certification of the validity of a will. (noun)
- An authenticated copy of a will so certified. (noun)
- To establish the validity of (a will) by probate. (verb-transitive)
- Of or relating to probate or to a probate court: probate law; a probate judge. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.