- An argument or consideration in favor of something: weighing the pros and cons. (noun)
- One who supports a proposal or takes the affirmative side in a debate. (noun)
- In favor; affirmatively: arguing pro and con. (adverb)
- Affirmative; supporting: a pro vote. (adjective)
- A professional, especially in sports. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.