Definition of "pro" [pro]
- (noun) An argument or consideration in favor of something: weighing the pros and cons.
- (noun) One who supports a proposal or takes the affirmative side in a debate.
- (adverb) In favor; affirmatively: arguing pro and con.
- (adjective) Affirmative; supporting: a pro vote.
- (noun) A professional, especially in sports.
Use "pro" in a sentence
- "Perhaps only the one proposed by Micheal Crichton – funding pro and ~pro stances in science equally. hans kelp"
- "WORD CORRECT PRONUNCIATION bivouac _biv'wak_ chargé d'affaires _shar zha'daffar'_ connoisseur _connissur_ dishabille _dis'abil_ ennui _onwe_, not _ongwe_ finale _finah'le_ foyer _fwaya'_ massage _masahzh_ naïve _nah'ev_ papier maché _papya mahsha_ piquant _pe'kant_ prima facie _prima fa'shie_ pro tempore _pro tem'pore_ régime _razhem'_"
- "He had always intended to celebrate this garden, and when he was preparing to return to Batsford in 1915 he wrote to me that he was going to write an _Apologia pro Horto meo_, as long before he had composed one _pro Banibusis meis_."