- Dealing or concerned with facts or actual occurrences; practical. (adjective)
- Philosophy Of or relating to pragmatism. (adjective)
- Relating to or being the study of cause and effect in historical or political events with emphasis on the practical lessons to be learned from them. (adjective)
- Archaic Active; busy. (adjective)
- Archaic Active in an officious or meddlesome way. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.