- To join together, as by molding or twisting. (verb-transitive)
- To double over (cloth, for example). (verb-transitive)
- A layer, as of doubled-over cloth or of paperboard. (noun)
- One of the sheets of wood glued together to form plywood. (noun)
- A layer of rubber-coated fabric, often of nylon or polyester cords, forming the body of an automobile tire. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.