- An image, especially a positive print, recorded by a camera and reproduced on a photosensitive surface. (noun)
- To take a photograph of. (verb-transitive)
- To practice photography. (verb-intransitive)
- To be the subject for photographs: She photographs well. (verb-intransitive)
- An image of an object, person, scene, etc, in the form of a print or slide recorded by a camera on photosensitive material (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- To take a photograph of (an object, person, scene, etc) (verb)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016