Definition of "phone" [phone]
- (noun) A telephone.
- (verb-intransitive) To telephone.
- (verb-transitive) To get in touch with by telephone.
- (verb-transitive) To impart (information or news, for example) by telephone.
- (verb-transitive) To make a telephone call to (a specific number): Phone 411 for directory assistance.
Use "phone" in a sentence
- "I entered "replace existing phone" and the phone#/zip/SSN."
- "$_POST [ 'city']; $zip = $_POST [ 'zip']; $phone = $_POST [ 'phone']; $fax = $_POST [ 'fax'];"
- "- Long Zheng was quick to dig around in last night's updated Zune software, and quick to find reference to a % phone% (good work, btw!), and this just a day after Microsoft denied publically to Mary Jo Foley that the Zune update had anything to do with Zune/phone."