Definition of "person" [per•son]
- (noun) A living human. Often used in combination: chairperson; spokesperson; salesperson.
- (noun) An individual of specified character: a person of importance.
- (noun) The composite of characteristics that make up an individual personality; the self.
- (noun) The living body of a human: searched the prisoner's person.
- (noun) Physique and general appearance.
Use "person" in a sentence
- "It is narcissistic to assume that, simply because a person is interested in a particular gender, that they are interested in a particular *person*."
- "If he *is* a martian, then he cannot claim the other persons conspired to harm him by asserting he was not a Martian, since they could only be liable if they conspired to harm *a person*, and he is NOT a person for the purposes of Ontario law."
- "But really, the person deserving the \'worst person\ 'award is Senator Imhofe, the majority chair for the senate environmental committee that employes and authorizes Morano\'s reports."