Definition of "pasta" [pas•ta]
- (noun) Unleavened dough, made of wheat flour, water, and sometimes eggs, that is molded into any of a variety of shapes and boiled.
- (noun) A prepared dish containing pasta as its main ingredient.
Use "pasta" in a sentence
- "Tonight I will: eat something delicious. * pasta pasta pasta*"
- "The basic meaning of the word pasta today is nothing more specific than “paste.”"
- "Laura said ... noble pig: the word pasta is for grown-ups, of course -- anything served at lunch to the girls in this house is a noodle."