- Capable of, having, or dominated by powerful emotions: a family of passionate personalities. (adjective)
- Wrathful by temperament; choleric. (adjective)
- Marked by strong sexual desire; amorous or lustful. (adjective)
- Showing or expressing strong emotion; ardent: a passionate speech against injustice. (adjective)
- Arising from or marked by passion: a teacher who is passionate about her subject. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.