- Loss or impairment of the ability to move a body part, usually as a result of damage to its nerve supply. (noun)
- Loss of sensation over a region of the body. (noun)
- Inability to move or function; total stoppage or severe impairment of activity: fear that led to national paralysis. (noun)
- Impairment or loss of voluntary muscle function or of sensation (sensory paralysis) in a part or area of the body, usually caused by a lesion or disorder of the muscles or the nerves supplying them (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A disease characterized by such impairment or loss; palsy (noun)
- Cessation or impairment of activity (noun)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016