- A loud cry or clamor. (noun)
- A strong protest or objection: public outcry over the rise in prices. (noun)
- A widespread or vehement protest (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Clamour; uproar (noun)
- A method of trading in which dealers shout out bids and offers at a prearranged meeting (noun)
- To cry louder or make more noise than (someone or something) (verb)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016