- Any of various aquatic, carnivorous mammals of the genus Lutra and allied genera, related to the minks and weasels and having webbed feet and dense, dark brown fur. (noun)
- The fur of this mammal. (noun)
- Any freshwater carnivorous musteline mammal of the subfamily Lutrinae, esp Lutra lutra (Eurasian otter), typically having smooth fur, a streamlined body, and webbed feet (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The fur of any of these animals (noun)
- A type of fishing tackle consisting of a weighted board to which hooked and baited lines are attached (noun)
- To fish using an otter (verb)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016