- The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice. (noun)
- Slang Something that is very uncomfortable, difficult, or hazardous: The rush hour traffic is murder. (noun)
- A flock of crows. See Synonyms at flock1. (noun)
- To kill (another human) unlawfully. (verb-transitive)
- To kill brutally or inhumanly. (verb-transitive)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.