- Liable or subject to death. (adjective)
- Of or relating to humankind; human: the mortal limits of understanding. (adjective)
- Of, relating to, or accompanying death: mortal throes. (adjective)
- Causing death; fatal: a mortal wound. See Synonyms at fatal. (adjective)
- Fighting or fought to the death; unrelenting: a mortal enemy; a mortal attack. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.