- The act or process of modulating. (noun)
- The state of being modulated. (noun)
- Music A passing or transition from one key or tonality to another. (noun)
- Music The result of such a transition. (noun)
- A change in stress, pitch, loudness, or tone of the voice; an inflection of the voice. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.