- Behavior not conforming to prevailing standards or laws; impropriety. (noun)
- The act or an instance of adultery. (noun)
- Dishonest or bad management, especially by persons entrusted or engaged to act on another's behalf. (noun)
- Deliberate wrongdoing, especially by government or military officials. (noun)
- To mismanage. (verb-transitive)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.