- Resembling meal in texture or consistency; granular: mealy potatoes. (adjective)
- Made of or containing meal. (adjective)
- Sprinkled or covered with meal or a similar granular substance. (adjective)
- Flecked with spots; mottled. (adjective)
- Lacking healthy coloring; pale: "I only know two sorts of boys. Mealy boys, and beef-faced boys” ( Charles Dickens). (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.